What did you do to your pool today?

Well we are going to have the left over from hurricane in the pacific and a tropical low from the gulf. They meet here in Oklahoma Monday thru Thursday so wet start to real summer . Today 94 swim all day in my amazing TFP:snorkle:Tomorrow 20 or so peeps come for fathers day cook out Yummy.Oh and a swim too.

Well we are going to have the left over from hurricane in the pacific and a tropical low from the gulf. They meet here in Oklahoma Monday thru Thursday so wet start to real summer . Today 94 swim all day in my amazing TFP:snorkle:Tomorrow 20 or so peeps come for fathers day cook out Yummy.Oh and a swim too.

Yep we are also having a few people over for a swim before the thunderstorms [emoji482]

Ran full set of tests this morning. All is perfect. Supposed to get rain today... waiting to see if we do get any. If not I need to add water.

Well, we had plenty of thunder but not a drop of rain. So I added water to the pool.

Bought 15 bags of white beach pebble to go around pool. Looks good, but I need a lot more so I ordered the rest to be delivered. Laid edging and ground cloth all the way around, and finally hung up my glass wind chimes I got in Gatlinburg!

Pool was 92 degrees today! Hope for some rain to cool it down a bit!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First day to use the new pool!!! Yippee! I swept all the loose gravel/concrete bits up from around the pool. Vacuumed the pool, scrubbed "tile" line to remove dirt and concrete remnants, emptied skimmers, pumped out sump pit and then floated on my raft! Felt good to have a pool again!

You were a busy body for sure...any pics?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the new pool...feels good doesn't it! Have you thought about hair nets in the skimmer baskets? Catches an awful lot of debris...

You were a busy body for sure...any pics?

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the new pool...feels good doesn't it! Have you thought about hair nets in the skimmer baskets? Catches an awful lot of debris...

There is a thread in Under Construction of my Brownsburg IN pool Build. Lots of photos there.

I have not used hair nets. I have used skimmer socks in my past pools. I will look for a package of hairnets next time I’m out. We have a lot of Cottonwood trees “snowing” right now.

This is the pool cover going on yesterday.

25fdbf16bcd9b3dec71e944c8223a8bf.jpg

Skimmer socks are are thicker I believe but have not used them. I use these and they work great...

[h=1]3M Disposable Hair Net 407, Spunbond Polypropylene, Universal, White (Case of 100) from Amazon for $10.[/h]

I agree, ctrav!! A definite factor in my wanting to figure how to stay here (that and the accompanying :sun:).
Oh - and the wonderful wife I found here of course.
But Yes. Texas skies. The 'big blue skies' of the country songs.
Little to beat floating and staring in between dozing. :sleep:

1652E3B2-2558-4549-A7B8-658C1C58543B.jpg

This. ;)

Oh, I did remember to charge the Go Pro’s battery. Look, you can see Thermoducky! LOL.

3E57C35C-088C-415B-98B1-B9B495B69493.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support