What did you do to your pool today?

Weather has been extra warm here lately (~70F high); ice is all melted. Pool is now only about 5% shaded at midday, so sunshine is really helping.

Yesterday and today, wife and I removed most of last fall's debris and the brown/green water from the winter cover (broom, sump pump, and shop vac). Last weekend we also ordered a solar cover and reel as well as TF-100 refill.

Last year was our first pool year. We're super excited for this year; although we're a tad bit anxious what we'll find beneath the cover - hopefully we winterized well - followed TFP recommendations - so all should be good.

A high propensity exists for at least one more winter storm . . .

I've started solar cover off in the afternoons, on in the nights/mornings to start getting the water temp up. My goal is to be swimmable later this month, and I think I can make it if the high-80s/low 90s temps keep up! Pool at 67F and rising....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmed the top of the pool from the debris dumped in from the crazy wind we have had over the past two days. Then I wished for warm weather. My pool builder has not yet started the pool up (he's waiting for this cold snap to hit the bricks) so the top of the pool is a pollen trap. :(

Kim!!!

:kim:

Two sets, but it all depends on what's going on, so a few options are always possible. Sometimes I switch to the old ones if I need to run fine ones again, and let them soak after hosing out. All depends on the need for the moment.

IMG_2582.jpg

Tested water. I'm sooo balanced and pristine clear! You can see dirt stains around the drain if you look closely. Put that on list of chores...

Ran The Beast Master after huge storm rolled through Tuesday night. Looking good. Now bracing for several rainy days to come.

The Live Oak next door has finally stopped dropping tassels and we have made peace for now.

Water temp is 60 degrees. Boo ��.

Waiting...

Very cloudy and cool today, with big rains forecast for tomorrow. Perfect opportunity. Dug up four 1" tall frost-damaged but surviving 3 gal perennials and replaced with new 30" tall 3 gal specimens. Results were dramatic.

And oh. They are by the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support