Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Winco worked OK but its a fair bit out of the way for me. Only 2 weeks on this and I'm already sick of buying 8+ jugs of bleach every week.

In DFW my Aldi has 8.25% 121oz jugs for 2.59. That's the best I've seen and beats Walmart by 11 cents/oz. I haven't checked dates, but I did just successfully SLAM my pool with it.

EDIT - Oh man I just saw the posts about Winco bleach. Will have to check that out. At $2 they beat Aldi by another 6 cents/oz

Nebraska --
Menards - 12% liquid chlorine for $4 (true gallon); I'm sure their regular bleach is also cheap. I need to check.
Dollar General - 6% true gallon DG bleach for $2; 8.25% DG bleach 121oz @ $2.95

I dislike Wal-mart so not going to check there!

I just found 8.25 at Menard's in Kansas City for 2.89 121 oz, but don't know how to read the date code. It's 1813738PA-1 11:34 (6). I'm guessing it May 17, 2018 or close.

Good deal?

If you're at Menards, just buy the 12.5% Splash Pool Shock for $3.99. The Kansas City North store has 171 bottles, likely stacked right in the middle of one of the main aisles. Then next month when it's on BOGO, go get more. :)

Okay, so I just picked up 9 of these from Home Depot in West Little Rock: 10% liquid bleach on sale for $1.18/gallon.

20180608_133638.jpg20180608_133628.jpg

I normally trust the Home Depot stuff, because it tends to work great and it's relatively cheap. The HDX 10% stuff is usually 3 for about $10. I'm curious to see how these work out, because the dating stamp on them is a little strange, not in the typical 2-digit year then day of the calendar. Looks like it could be 5 years old, given the 13 at the end of the stamp. Anyone have a better idea as to when this might have been made? I bought one out of a box, and I plan to try it to see how it works over the weekend. Might have to take the two boxes of four back if it turns out to suck, but I figure it's worth a shot at that price!

Home depot in the Chicago area have 121 oz jugs of hdx brand liquid bleach for $3 each. I don't remember the exact concentration but I do know it's stronger than Walmart brand. Between 8% - 9%. Best deal for me personally since I have plenty of store credit to use. Also all the jugs date codes showing they were made in the past couple months or less.

Okay, so I just picked up 9 of these from Home Depot in West Little Rock: 10% liquid bleach on sale for $1.18/gallon.

View attachment 79904View attachment 79905

I normally trust the Home Depot stuff, because it tends to work great and it's relatively cheap. The HDX 10% stuff is usually 3 for about $10. I'm curious to see how these work out, because the dating stamp on them is a little strange, not in the typical 2-digit year then day of the calendar. Looks like it could be 5 years old, given the 13 at the end of the stamp. Anyone have a better idea as to when this might have been made? I bought one out of a box, and I plan to try it to see how it works over the weekend. Might have to take the two boxes of four back if it turns out to suck, but I figure it's worth a shot at that price!

I'd say it was made the 347th day of 2013..... Been sitting in a warehouse womewhere

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I checked them first, two days ago and they were not on sale. Will check again, thank you.

edited....

Online prices only show $2.99 per gallon, but I checked their flier which started yesterday, and they ARE on sale so thanks, jmikeb! Sale ends June 24.

I always buy by the 4-pack so that is $2.25 per gallon/128 oz. $0.175 pure ($0.0175...per oz with water)

Dollar General has DG 6% bleach for $2.54...not a good deal.

I wish Menard's and Winco would build stores in Tulsa, Muskogee, or McAlester.

Has anyone found bulk 12.5% chlorine in Tulsa, Muskogee, or McAlester areas?

Edited...

A local Leslie's Pool Store district manager said Oklahoma stores do not carry any liquid chlorine like the Florida and Texas stores do. He thought it might be due to more being sold in Florida and Texas. Makes sense. I guess most people are still using tablets here.

Atwood's sells OnLine Pool Shock which is made by Online Packaging, Inc. Three locations: Plover, WI; Michigan City, IN; and Ardmore, OK.

I sent them an email requesting that they put production dates on the bottles instead of Best Buy (BB) dates. Last year in 2017, we found bottles dated BB 2018. This year the bottles from 3 different Atwood's have been labeled BB 2018 May, June, July which tells me they are a year old. I think I will stop buying this brand since I don't know production dates. I am checking today for any bottles labeled BB 2019.

Edited...

Atwood's in Coweta is sold out. BB dates May 2019.
Atwood's in Checotah has BB date of May 2019.

For anyone in an area where dairy farms are prevalent, try to find a local farm store/chemical supplier. Last year I got sick of running all over buying gallon jug after gallon jug of bleach and thought to call our local farm store. They sell 15 gallon drums of 12.5% liquid chlorine (brand name is T-Chlor) for use as a dairy pipeline sanitizer for about $58. It's nearly the same cost per oz of chlorine as the cheapest liquid shock and a whole lot less aggravation if you can handle a 15g drum. We've been using it since the beginning of 2017 and haven't looked back. If you're close to Shippensburg, PA, Cedar Grove Farm Store is good people.

Mopar440_6 from Carlisle. Not a coincidence, I'm sure.

Anyway, stopped off at the pool store to exchange a defective water hose and noticed they have the same chlorine as my Ace and Menards for what I think was $13/case. If it was $13/gal they're out of their mind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support