Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

I've been buying Costco and Sams Club Clorox concentrated 8.25% bleach for the past 2 years for around $3 per 121 ounce bottle. Just recently I noticed it was switched to the 6% Clorox at both stores, and the price hasn't changed. Did anyone else notice this change?

One specific Walmart has 10% for ~$3.64 but I'm not there often and it's often quite old and hot in their outside garden area.

Clorox has told a member on the forum to NOT use the Cloromax bleach in a pool. It contains polymers.

So the Walmart Great Value brand bleach is most likely your best bet unless you find a different source.

Take care.

Minnesota - Menards $3.27 gal for 12.50%. Won't buy anything but 12.5%. Stuff's too heavy to buy anything less. Just found it on sale at All-American Recreation for $11.49 a case of four. I had to buy a couple. They're usually never cheap but I was there getting Calcium Chloride. They were $39 for 50lbs. That's a pretty good deal around here. Let them test my pool water? No way!! Only I do that.

Does anyone know where to buy cheap bleach around Baton Rouge LA?

Pinch a Penny on Sherwood Forest/Coursey seems to have the consistently best price around here. It's $6.99 to refill a 2.5gal jug. The first time you buy the jug it's $13 i think, after that just $6.99 to refill. Also, right now Home Depot in Baton Rouge is having a sale on it's liquid chlorine. It's $2 a gallon and it's 10% chlorine.

Pinch a Penny on Sherwood Forest/Coursey seems to have the consistently best price around here. It's $6.99 to refill a 2.5gal jug. The first time you buy the jug it's $13 i think, after that just $6.99 to refill. Also, right now Home Depot in Baton Rouge is having a sale on it's liquid chlorine. It's $2 a gallon and it's 10% chlorine.

Interesting, our HomeDepot in the DFW area always seems to be very expensive. $4.50 and up for 1 gallon of 10%. I tried it once and it must have been very old since it was less effective than normal bleach.

Interesting, our HomeDepot in the DFW area always seems to be very expensive. $4.50 and up for 1 gallon of 10%. I tried it once and it must have been very old since it was less effective than normal bleach.

Checking online at one random Home Depot store between Dallas and Ft Worth I see 349 cases of 2-1 gallon jug packs of 10% in stock for $6.86 ($3.43 per gallon). Date code is easy to see on the box and shows the year in 2-digits followed by the day of the year. The last batch I got was marked 17221xxxx = 221st day of 2017 = Aug 9th 2017

Don't go in the store looking for bleach. Ask for Pool Chlorine.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-1-Gal-Pool-Care-Chlorinating-Liquid-2-Pack-20128HDX/100206125

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bleach will start to weaken in a couple of months. If its exposed to sun and heat it will degrade faster. Avoid buying it from stores that stock it outside in garden centers and always check the date code on the bottles to find some manufactured no later than three months ago.

Since Costco has lost my bleach biz by now stocking Clorox Cloramax technology type bleach (which we do not recommend using as it also contains polymers) we're just picking up the odd jug of 8.25% bleach at Publix, a grocery chain here in the south east. I can pick up a jug as I need to supplement my SWG when necessary.

Maddie :flower:

What's the typical shelf life/storage life? Wondering how much I can stock up on. I just grabbed 3 cases /6 bottles at my local home Depot. Since I'm just starting tfp style, not even sure how long that will last me. Lol

Your pool volume is like mine and I use between 60 and 80 oz per day of 10% chlorine on average in mid summer, normal use.

Pool Essentials 10% Chlorine is apparently on clearance at Walmart in Rowlett, Tx at 3.75 a two 1-gal box! Less than 2 bucks a gal! WhooHoo!

I went to Walmart today and forgot my wallet and was only able to scrounge up 2 dollars and change so i was limited to a half a gallon but I could swear i saw their bleach that was 2.98 now selling for 2.43. They haven't had any 121 ozers for a week or so which is odd

Did they change it?

Re: Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine - MONTREAL Canada

Hello,

Anybody in here near Montreal Canada know where to get 10% bleach in the area?

Checked a bunch (4...) of places and it is sold out everywhere...

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

I can't recall the exact name but do remember some Canadian posters mentioned buying it and it had "Auto" in the name.... I hope that helps?? :geek:

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support