Anyone ever try this product...?

I was just checking on algae control and shock prices in anticipation of slamming the green velvet coating on my pool this spring.

I ran across a product called GreenCleanMax: http://www.newtechbio.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=222

I called the company out of curiosity and spoke with one of the reps. He explained that you add the stuff - and recommended adding more than required to open a pool - since it doesn't upset the chemistry.

Evidently - it foams up, lifting any leftover leaves etc off the pool bottom in the first 15-60 minutes of treatment. You skim until you've gotten rid of most of the stuff, then kick on the filter and resume chlorination after a couple of hours of circulation. The algae is gone within a few days.

For my pool - I estimate about $90.00 with shipping. I suppose I'd still get a couple of cases of shock to complete the job.

Has anyone ever tried this stuff?

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "shock". You do NOT want to use an solid forms of chlorine. You need to stick with liquid chlorine / bleach and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to a tee. The SLAM is guaranteed to work every time ... unlike the pour and pray method that pool stores tend to recommend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.