CYA 200+ Where do I get reverse osmosis service?

I use my stirrer to mix during CYA tests. Just mix water and reagent 50/50 (10 ml to save on reagent).

You never want to dump a pool into a septic system A large tank is 1,000 gallons. Dumping too much water in to quickly will flush solids out from the tank into the drain fiels and ruin it.

Agree.... You absolutely never want to do that! The point of my post was that many municipalities set your sewer rate based on how much water you consume from the municipality. So.. if you fill your pool and your sewer collection is billed by your municipality according to water usage, refilling your pool could turn out to be very expensive. If you have municipal water but have a septic system, the municipality can't charge you for sewer collection, so refilling the pool only results in actual water usage. It could make the difference between a $300 refill and $1000 refill. As far as discharging the old pool water, most people run a slow stream out to the road or into a storm water collection area, like a drainage ditch. Check your local regulations to avoid potential fines. Theoretically, in my area, we are not even supposed to discharge into the road/storm drains (but 90% of the pool owners do that). I had a discussion with the County officials (tried to be anonymous) as what we are supposed to do with our old pool water, and they told me I am to call a "clean-up" company with water trucks that can suck out some water and haul that water to a disposal site for proper disposal. The County says pool water is contaminated water (anything with CL over .01 PPM or PH + or - .4 from neutral), unsuitable for discharging into the environment. (BTW... this is Florida, not CA :) ). It is just a matter of time, before more municipalities catch on, or enforce these regulations.

$3000 would be insane, however in my neck of the woods, your sewer part of the bill goes up at a rate much higher than the water part for increased water consumption (i.e. sewer bill is determined by how much water you use). So if your water bill doubles, the sewer triples or quadruples. I can imagine that if you used 20 times your normal monthly water, combined water and sewer billing in some parts of the Country could be crazy high. Plus we also have a penalty (conservation fee) for using more than the 24 month rolling average. When I filled my pool, I was able to negotiate away the conservation penalty fee, but I had to provide a document from the pool remodeler. They would not budge on the increase for the sewer, however, but there is a cap or maximum sewer fee they can charge in our area

Try calling your water company to get the straight scoop.... and if you are not connected to the sewer system (i.e. septic-finger system) your water bill may only increase a couple of hundred dollars. Just be sure to drain and refill in steps so you don't pop the pool out of the ground. Obviously that will take more water to get the CYA down.

Good advice to call ones water utility.

The sewage cost is a problem in Los Angeles for DWP clients.
Water baselines are tiered by HCF amounts. (hundred cubic feet).

There is one billing cycle per year that ones sewage costs are based on.
If thats the cycle one decides to dump and fill ones pool then one gets that surcharge for the next 12 months of the year until that next cycle resets it.

This is in top of the one time charge for consumption into what would likely be tier 3 water charges.

Good luck.

Uncle Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.