Jul 16, 2014
Cypress, TX
Having to add 16oz acid almost daily. Current test values: FC=7; CC=0; pH=8; TA=75; CH=260; CYA=45. I just recently went to liquid chlorine addition and am adding .25 gal/day via a Stenner pump. I add it all in a 2 hour period and everything is great except pH. I do have waterfalls and bubblers but to minimize aeration I cut way back on total circulation time to 2.5 hours in the morning and 1.5 hrs in the evening. I have seen where several of you say to lower TA to 70 or 80 and pH will stabilize. I am in that range but if I don't add acid I exceed 8.0 in 3-4 days. Anybody have a clue as to a better way to keep pH under control?

How old is your pool ? If you still have things curing that'll keep raising PH levels.
Try cutting back on the water features some more and see if that helps. It could also be the nature of the beast.

Do you have borates added? That may help.
Borates are listed in the signature-

Bob, do you know your borate level?

As Jeff said, it may just be what your pool consumes due to all the stuff you have happening. I have a slightly bigger pool and I'm also adding every 3 - 4 days to keep it below 8

I just had a pebble sheen refinish this year in May and have went through 8 gallons of muriatic acid to keep my ph in check. I hope mine is cured by now before closing for the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.