Should I alternate skimmers for vacuuming?

May 31, 2008
PA
My pool is only a month old but I'm getting used to the maintenance and even enjoy it! I've been attaching my vacuum hose to the same skimmer box each time I do it and noticed yesterday that he other skimmer apparently had a partial clog. I tried to use that one for vacuuming and the pump just filled with air and I and I had to try again a few times until the clog apparently got pulled through. That skimmer box is now back to the same flow as the one I primarily use for vacuuming.

So should I alternate the skimmers used for vacuuming to keep them both cleaned out, or was this a one time issue?

Which skimmer you use shouldn't matter, unless your hose is too short to reach the other end from the one skimmer. If you end up with another clog, you already know how to clear it - to prevent it from happening you can line the skimmer basket with a skimmer sock or a lady's kneehigh stocking to catch hair and fine debris before it gets into the pipe :-D

Glad you are enjoying the pool and the maintenance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.