Controller issues and no Chlorine

Aug 4, 2014
Houston
I have a Goldline controller which is private labeled by Blue Haven Pools. Blue Haven calls it the "Smart Control" system for models AQL-PS-4-X288, or PS -8-X288 or PS-16-X288My. It would be helpful it someone could tell me what it stands for and eventually what model I have... The issue I'm having is the "check System" light is blinking and I can't clear it. I assume (I know never assume anything) it due to the "Chlorinator Off" message I'm also getting. I checked my chlorinator output and its at 80% for both the pool & Spa. I turned the Super chlorinator on but still is show low chlorine?

I took a water sample in to my local pool store and they did a water analysis. They say my chlorine is very low yet my salt is high at 5500 ppm. I show show I'm getting "flow" just not making chlorine. MY T-cell 15 is clear with no build up so I'm confused...any suggestions?

Have error message "Chlorinator off"

I can't seem to get "check System" light off...just keeps blinking. I assume its because I have a message that says"Chlorinator off! I'm not making chlorine. My T-cell 15 is clean and i do have flow but my slat level is real high 5500ppm. I set both pool & spa at 80% even turned on "super chlorinate" and let it run for 24 hrs but still no chlorine. ant suggestions?

Those units will not produce chlorine when salt is above about 4000. On the other hand pool store salt tests have proven to not be all that reliable.

There should be a small "diag" button on the unit. Pressing that should get it to cycle through some diagnostic numbers (one press for each number). Could you post what that reports?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.