Yes I overfilled the pool!

Jul 2, 2014
Upstate NY
So last night I had a few beers and the pool was a little low so I put the hose in and it filled for 6 hours. So this am I woke up and it was almost to the top but it seemed it was draining somewhere like a safety drain. Are there safety drains that keep pools from overflowing or was I just lucky. Maybe I added 5000 gallons. I shocked it this morning but it was still clear. How much will I have lowered CYA. I will just use pucks I guess to bring it back up. This should teach me a lesson!

The extra water that came in made the pool sparkle even more. Level wise nothing changed much because I keep my alkalinity within levels. I wonder if the water is softer or if the ph got lowered some? It makes me feel that there are secrets to water chemistry beyond our understanding. Lol usually higher PH makes water look a bit dull, oh well good thing I keep my levels right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.