Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Inspect cell came on flashing for the first time. Ive read the manual and threads. Seemed like a pretty "basic" procedure. I turned off all electronics, relieved the pressure at the pump. Than unscrewed both connections connecting the SWG. Once the pvc nuts were completely loose i tried pulling out the swg. It didnt pull out. I tried pulling the pipe connected to the filter back to pull. It was still nudged. So I gave it just a slight tap on both ends and it cane free. But I looked at the connection points and they arent flush. It almost looks like they put a slight bit of pvc glue at the bottom (assumption). Between the connecttions and that had to break free. Any one else ever run into this? I cleaned the cell and reinstalled and its fine, no leaks. But something just wasnt right about the connection ends of the cell and the connection points. All 4 pipe ends at the very bottom had the texture of a pvc pipe after you cut it by hand with a hacksaw. Please let me know if anyone has info.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.