Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Contest Idea??

1. Back To Top    #1

Contest Idea??

I would like to run another contest to give away a TF-100 courtesy of Trouble Free Pool.com and would like some suggestions.

The contest needs to be simple enough to get a lot of participation and have clear benefits to the site.

Any ideas? (real idesa only please)
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Contest Idea??

How about a contest for articles for the pool school? There are several topics that remain to be covered or a contestant may simply choose to write on a subject already covered if he/she feels he can make that article much clearer.

Alternatively, SeanB could pick a topic that he feels needs to be covered and let the contest be simply for that topic.

Judges could be SeanB or could be a panel. My personal thinking is that Mods and Special Contributors would not be eligible.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I like duraleigh's suggestions. I'd like to write something describing the conversion process from Baquacil to Chlorine (being that I recently went through one).
    Chris

18'x36' (Depth: deep 8'6" shallow 3'6") rectangular 27,000 Gallon Vinyl In Ground. Hayward self-priming super pump 1 HP 2600x5-96, Hayward Pro Series High Rate 24" 7-Position 300 lb Sand Filter, Hayward H250 Natural Gas 250,000 BTU Electronic Ignitiion - Digital Readout Heater, Hayward Navigator 925V PoolVac.

Converted Baquacil to Chlorine - should have done it sooner!

4. Back To Top    #4

How about a Pool of the Month contest, or something on that order.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf
    How about a Pool of the Month contest, or something on that order.
    I like that or some variation of that idea. Members could all vote after everyone had made a submission.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

HI there,

I have learned a great deal by reading many posts and the articles from the pool school section even though my pool is still under construction.

I like duraleigh's suggestion about writing an article for the pool school but would like to for us newbies to also contribute to it as well. Maybe, adding a section for FAQ's for us newbies? Or must haves and accessories to consider for a pool. I mean how many times do you have to say you need a good test kit and post numbers before the experts can help you?

The pool of the month is good for those members who's pools are up and running, but you do have a lot of members who are under construction (like me) and would not be able to contribute. I also think that pool of the month would not be very fair because it would be subjective. What would be the criteria? We have such a variety of pools that it would be hard to determine unless you just drew it from a hat and that would not contribute much to the forum. How about a member of the month? With a criteria of number of quality posts (not just hi or that happened to me or I'm here for support) number of log in's etc...

Another suggestion could be a contest for new member referrals. I know that I have ranted and raved about this forum and all that I have learned to my hubby and friends and I still have an expensive metal hole in my yard. These new members could show pictures of their pools or soon to be pools and who referred them to the forum.

Sorry if it's a bit long just giving my .02

Raquel

P.S. Thanks for the spell check!!!
    In Construction:
    425 SF Free form (aprox 18 x 23) IG Gunite
    7ft spa with spill over
    1.5 HP Jandy Pump
    1400 Aquapure Jandy SWG
    AE2500 Jandy Heatpump

7. Back To Top    #7

I've tried referral contests in the past and got almost no participation at all. I'm working on something BIG, but can't give any details just yet.
    TFP Founder

8. Back To Top    #8

Good because I really need that kit and I don't have any money left over after all the goof-ups and upgrades from the metal hole. LOL!!!

Sorry about the spell check. I just realized that it's my browser. LOL

Raquel
    In Construction:
    7ft spa with spill over
    1.5 HP Jandy Pump
    1400 Aquapure Jandy SWG
    AE2500 Jandy Heatpump

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by poollovers
    Good because I really need that kit and I don't have any money left over after all the goof-ups and upgrades from the metal hole. LOL!!!

Sorry about the spell check. I just realized that it's my browser. LOL

Raquel
    I wondered what you were talking about on the spell check.

I know you are talking tongue in cheek so please don't take this the wrong way and remember, I don't have a kit to sell - but you really can't afford not to have a good test kit. If you can't afford a kit, you really aren't going to like all the money you are going to spend trying to keep your pool free of algae!
    TFP Founder

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, you are definitely right! Funny- I was just telling a friend how much cheaper the kit was than the wasting the gas it takes to get the water tested at a pool place and then deal with the uncertainty and algae! I will be getting the kit, as soon as the pool is nearing its completion. It was already put into the budget.

Thanks for your advice
    Raquel
    In Construction:
    7ft spa with spill over
    1.5 HP Jandy Pump
    1400 Aquapure Jandy SWG
    AE2500 Jandy Heatpump