Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning

Manual cleaning or Robotic cleaning... which do you guys prefer?

I am considering a Aquabot or similar.....
    -inBamaNow

16x32 Hydra Liner, Hayward 24" Pro Sand Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, Hayward CL200, AquaChem Test Kit =[

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning

It's your choice. Most auto vacs do a good job of getting out most of the debris from the pool. It becomes a question of "is having the auto vac save you 1/2 hr/ week vacuuming worth the cost of it?" However, even with the best auto vac - there will be times you have to vacuum manually

A lot of folks find it a nice break and even relaxing to vacuum the pool manually, but if you don't have the time or find it to be a PITA and can afford it, get the auto vac 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

A lot of folks find it a nice break and even relaxing to vacuum the pool manually, but if you don't have the time or find it to be a PITA and can afford it, get the auto vac
    Yep, and I'm one of them, it's the only time I can enjoy the pool by myself

Plus i don't even know if my pump would be able to handle the auto vac!!!
    24' x52" Intex metal frame
    Pentair sand dollar SD60
    Original pump 2500gph

"5 years of BBB, and loving it"

4. Back To Top    #4

If you do decide on a robotic think about a remote control. I have a Dolphin w/o a remote, and wish I had one.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/