8 year old irobot just died..now what

TJrubicon

Feb 2, 2021
Woodland Hills, Ca
Hi everyone! My 8 year old irobot mira auto pool vacuum died this afternoon. No sign of it working again. Have tried to salvage it but wasn't able to fix it. Is there any one robot vacuum that's much better than the rest? Pool is a 40k gallon in ground pool with 10 foot deep end. I was super happy with the old irobot. It was an excellent machine. All recommendations appreciated!

I am partial to the Dolphin brand. There are other major brands as well. Do your research on your needs. It will bring you to the right conclusion for your situation.

Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa in Colorado can help you pick the best Dolphin. They don’t oversell. They also have the best prices. I have a Dolphin for a big pool and like it. You call them to make the choice and purchase.

8 years is a good stretch. If my robot died tomorrow I would waste no time replacing it. I'm never going back to manual vacuuming. Maytronics is a solid brand (most of the other brands are simply rebranded Maytronics). My recommendation is to keep it simple. The S200 is a solid performer. You can pay more for remote control or programmability, but I'm happy with a "set it and forget it" approach.

I know you said you tried to salvage it- did you change the belts? My iRobot Verro I've had since 2010 stopped in the pool- or would go a bit then stop. Water was flowing through. I bought new belts and replaced and it's just zooming through the pool. ( must say that changing belts is a real puzzle- lots of swearing)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.