8 gallons of Muriatic acid in ~22,000 gallon pool?

Mr47930

May 23, 2021
Southern Maryland
I just had my pool plastered and noticed some staining pictures below. I sent an email to the builder and they gave me 8 gallons of muriatic acid and said dump it all in with everything running on high and brush the stains. Putting that in the pool math app seems like it would drop the PH to an extraordinary low level. Does this all seem right?9553C289-204B-4CC3-8668-BA1DD4915ABB.jpeg5EE86DA9-1726-45E4-A120-EE2B4611EE9A.jpeg

Sounds like they are wanting you to do a no drain acid wash. There is alot to be careful with when it comes to that. I think they only last for a day or two then you raise the ph again to proper level. Ask your PB how long the ph should be that low.

They did tell me to come back Wednesday with a water sample. I assume they’ll have me raise it then?
I would assume. Do you have plaster or some variation of pebble tech for your pool finish? If its pebble tech, they have their own warranty people and the PB should work with them to get it fixed. If its something else i would make the PB do it. Tell them you aren't comfortable doing thos especially without express written direction on how to do it ( rate of addition, whether the pumps are on or off, duration of acid wash etc...) Technically, if they haven't turned the pool over to you, its still their pool.

I would assume. Do you have plaster or some variation of pebble tech for your pool finish? If its pebble tech, they have their own warranty people and the PB should work with them to get it fixed. If its something else i would make the PB do it. Tell them you aren't comfortable doing thos especially without express written direction on how to do it ( rate of addition, whether the pumps are on or off, duration of acid wash etc...) Technically, if they haven't turned the pool over to you, its still their pool.
We have plain white plaster. I'm going to text and let them know this isnt something i'm comfortable with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.