Min Max heater for inground pool 250 with digital disply error code e02

Jun 19, 2014
brighton,mi
Hello..........

I have a min max heater attached to an inground pool . It is about ten years old but not used that much.
The issue I am having is an e02 code . The blower motor went bad so I replaced it . I have also replaced the thermoster and both of the temp sensors 115 and 150 degree. The system starts up and runs for about ten minutes . What I finally found out is ... The blower motor is getting extremely hot and causing the high temp limit e02 code . The heater shuts off cools down and then restarts . What are possible causes for the motoer to get hot ? Could a bad pcb board cause this ? Also the water temperature going into the pool seems luke warm . I did replace the flow valve . But the high temp limit is because the motor itself is getting hot and will no doubt burn it up if I continue to let it trip the high temp switch . I noticed the motor will start to get hot right away before the gas burner even fires . I would suspect bad connection but everything looks ok .
again bad control board possibly ?

any help is appriciated

thanks
Jim

Welcome to TFP! Someone will be long shortly to help you with your heater!

Hope you enjoy the site.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I have an update . The heat issue is from the exhaust . The top gasket is shot and the connection from the blower motor to the exhaust
shield has a leak .

So that is all good news .

Can anyone tell me what type of calk I can use to seal this . What temperature does the vent ect see. ?

Also is there a way to increase the water temperature coming out of the heater to the pool ?

agian any help is appriciated

regards

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.