Above ground overlap liner - too tight? Or just right?

May 13, 2009
Mn
Ok per the directions the liner is supposed to be slack on the wall. Not in our case, it is really tight around the top. The bottom seam seems to sit evenly on the cove all the way around the pool but the top is drum tight. Is is supposed to be like that?

Also on one part the liner doesn't fully rest on the cove. Will it stretch once we add water? (And some sun?)

We tried the vacuum trick to pull it tight but it just started to suck the liner into the vacuum and I was worried it would cause a permanent indentation. It did pull out the wrinkles just not in that one area it didn't pull it tight.

My husband was sick of the project and put all the top rails on so taking it apart is not going to be fun.

Your quick response is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the support. I went ahead and filled it (while it was warm and sunny out). Everything worked out just beautiful. I only have wrinkles on the bottom, none on the sides. The walls didn't even pull in like they show on the installation video.

Casey- I have to say that your pool build project was our inspiration to do it ourselves. Thank you for your determination and hard work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.