Stairs in pool or outside

May 29, 2014
Cin OH
ajupemus.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if the stairs go into the pool from outside or the stairs are inside the pool to get you out.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Those steps are built incorrectly. They are the same ones I have.

They are for inside the pool. the handrails are on backwards, they should run from the top of the steps to the bottom.

The short peices that you have sticking out over the stairs go the other way. They are used to anchor the steps to the deck. If you do not have a deck, then you have to purchase the exterior stair kit.

This is how they should look.

steps.jpg

-dave

I have similar stairs. Here is a tip if you need to take them out for the winter. These stairs want to float. Instead of filling the frame with sand as the instructions state, I take 4 1 gallon jugs and fill them with sand and then water. Then I zip tie them to the frame inside the legs to weigh the stairs down.
That way towards the end of the season I disconnect them and put them on the stairs and then it is easier to get the stairs out for the winter. I would also suggest drilling some more holes for water drainage. When the stairs are full of water they are heavy and take forever to drain.

If you want to get all fancy-like, they sell a weight kit for the stairs as well. If you look closely you can just see it in my picture. It is two large plastic weights that you fill with sand (or in my case, pea gravel - it does not escape) and then they clip to the sides of the stairs.

Used bleach jugs are a lot cheaper though. :)

-dave

Those steps are built incorrectly. They are the same ones I have.

They are for inside the pool. the handrails are on backwards, they should run from the top of the steps to the bottom.

The short peices that you have sticking out over the stairs go the other way. They are used to anchor the steps to the deck. If you do not have a deck, then you have to purchase the exterior stair kit.

This is how they should look.

View attachment 30705

-dave

I was wondering why those other steps looked a bit weird. Makes sense now, looking at yours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.