Is there a way to test my Intex saltwater system before I need it?

This is my first post. I'm planning on buying an Intex Ultraframe 18x48 just as soon as the ground dries up enough for me to get it leveled. My question....I have an Intex crystal clear system that I used with our previous pool, a metal frame 15x48, but it didn't get used at all last year. Is there a way to test the system to be sure it still works before I buy all the salt and hook it up to the new pool? Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't think so. It will not generate unless there is adequate salt. You might try taking it to a pool store. They can usually test SWG cells, although not sure they can test Intex.

Hmmm ... actually, you might be able to set the cell in a bucket of water with the right salt level and see if it produces any bubbles. Not sure if there is also a flow sensor you would have to trick. Wait, is it a seperate cell or all in one package with pump and all, you may not be able to set the SWG part in water.

- - - Updated - - -

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't think so. It will not generate unless there is adequate salt. You might try taking it to a pool store. They can usually test SWG cells, although not sure they can test Intex.

Hmmm ... actually, you might be able to set the cell in a bucket of water with the right salt level and see if it produces any bubbles. Not sure if there is also a flow sensor you would have to trick. Wait, is it a seperate cell or all in one package with pump and all, you may not be able to set the SWG part in water.

Why not just hook it up and see if it works and if it does not, buy a new one? They would hook up the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.