How to detach motor assembly for Aquabot Turbo T-Jet?

Jun 6, 2014
USA
I'm having a hard time removing the Pump Motor Housing (Part#A6005-03, DIA #60) from the blue Plastic Jet Valve Assembly on top (Part#S8730, DIA #25.

Can anyone please advise which screws to remove and maybe there are some plastic tabs to press down?

I removed Screw (Part#2302, DIA #62) that fastens pump to jet valve, but there seem to be two more screw perpendicular to it which I cannot reach.
I was able to unclip the blue plastic jet valve assembly on top and thats it.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: skz1981
Just figured it out, all I needed was to cut the zip ties holding the wires which was preventing me from pulling the blue assembly upward. Sometimes the simplest things are the easiest to miss.

Here are the steps again:

1.) Remove the bottom plate and filter shields so you see the motor unit.
2.) Cut the zip ties holding the wires to the filter screen (plastic cage) on both sides.
3.) Flip the Turbo T-Jet right side up, if you look on top of the Blue Plastic Jet Valve Assembly, there are two holes. You will need a very long phillips screwdriver to reach down and unscrew the two screws.

4.) Flip the Turbo T-Jet upside down again, you will see the Blue Jet Valve Assembly held down by four tabs, you have to squeeze and push it out from the main body.
5.) Turn the Turbo T-Jet on its side, pull the Blue Jet Valve Assembly upwards and turn slightly, you will see two more screws that you need to unscrew from the motor unit that is attached to the Blue Jet Valve Assembly.

WARNING: Do not remove the 4 screws on the motor assembly (when you flip the Turbo T-Jet upside down) those screws hold the motor together and oil will leak out if removed.

Reactions: skz1981
Just figured it out, all I needed was to cut the zip ties holding the wires which was preventing me from pulling the blue assembly upward. Sometimes the simplest things are the easiest to miss.

Here are the steps again:

1.) Remove the bottom plate and filter shields so you see the motor unit.
2.) Cut the zip ties holding the wires to the filter screen (plastic cage) on both sides.
3.) Flip the Turbo T-Jet right side up, if you look on top of the Blue Plastic Jet Valve Assembly, there are two holes. You will need a very long phillips screwdriver to reach down and unscrew the two screws.

4.) Flip the Turbo T-Jet upside down again, you will see the Blue Jet Valve Assembly held down by four tabs, you have to squeeze and push it out from the main body.
5.) Turn the Turbo T-Jet on its side, pull the Blue Jet Valve Assembly upwards and turn slightly, you will see two more screws that you need to unscrew from the motor unit that is attached to the Blue Jet Valve Assembly.

WARNING: Do not remove the 4 screws on the motor assembly (when you flip the Turbo T-Jet upside down) those screws hold the motor together and oil will leak out if removed.
Thank you so much for this information. Although I haven't fixed my problem yet, I will work on it again tomorrow. I really appreciate the precise instructions. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.