First water test

Results
PH 6.8
Chlorine 0
TA 40 ppm
CH 50 ppm
What I have to do and add now?
For today, use poolmath to adjust the pH and raise the FC. I get 1.5 measuring cups of bleach and 1/2 cup of the Kem Tek PH PLus.

Letting someone else dictate what to add is the same as going to the pool store.
You need to learn to figure this stuff out for yourself. You can do it. You figured out how to fill out the signature and upload pictures - pool chemistry is waaay easier than that!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Richard
Without you I think Im going to change the pool water every 2 weeks. But I like it and I want to learn to do it right
The ph plus is powder, I add 1/2 with the sock like the Cya?
And after 30 min 1 and 1/2 cup of bleach and that it?
Soda ash is best added by pre-dissolving it in a bucket of water and then pouring that slowly in front of a return.

You're done with the sock unless you need to raise CYA later in the season to replace splashout.

I just added the 1 1/2 cup of bleach and after 30 minutes I tested and I have
PH 7,6 -7,7
Chlorine 5-10. Really high.
Is ok right?

Tomorrow Im gonna have 0 chlorine again. So if nothing else happens im gonna post my new results tomorrow evening.
Thanks Again

Is OK if I cover the pool every night?

I just added the 1 1/2 cup of bleach and after 30 minutes I tested and I have
PH 7,6 -7,7
Chlorine 5-10. Really high.
Is ok right?

Tomorrow Im gonna have 0 chlorine again. So if nothing else happens im gonna post my new results tomorrow evening.
Thanks Again

Is OK if I cover the pool every night?

per PoolMath - you should be 2-6 FC. Higher is ok until you get to shock levels, at this point when FC= 12 or more, then you should not let anyone into the pool until its below shock level.

Use PoolMath - play with numbers and see how things affect each other. Really simple to use :)

You can / should cover the pool whenever you are not using it, to protect the water from losing more chlorine.

Yes, friday Im gonna have the FT 100.
But Im a girl Richard. Im using my husband name but Im Ana. I opened the account for him but he is not interested to learn about this. :)
Im gonna test again today and see what I have...
Question: even I reached the Target 5FC with the good test, the 3 FC that I must have every evening is going to leave hour to hour it dissapear next evening?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.