Green pool. First time pool owner

You can estimate how frequently you need to check and adjust by looking at how much FC drops between measurements, remembering that it will drop faster when the sun is out.

You want to keep the FC level from going below shock level between tests without raising it stupid-high after the test (is 1.5x shock level a good upper limit ?), so if you find FC below shock level when you test you probably need to test more frequently for a little while.

I can't upload any more pictures for some reason. It says that I exceeded my quota.
The water is very cloudy but the color is much better.
One more question: What is the best way to add bleach to the pool? Should I dissolve it in a bucket first?
Thanks!

You can just use a free photobucket or other online photo hosting account and post pics directly into you post. Then you won't have to worry about any limits. You can post all you want. Though it's a good idea to resize your pics some when you upload them to your host if you have your camera set to high pixels so they don't take forever to load.

20140604_181411.jpg

Latest picture. This is after slamming for 3 days. The water color looks better but it is still very cloudy. It is eating a lot of bleach.
Anything else I should be doing? Thanks for all the help!

Keep doing what you're doing. Now it's persistence and patience. Brush alot. You can run a robot/cleaner. Look for/think about where algae could hide in nooks, crannies and light niches. Scrub them out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kuzya...you are SO CLOSE..just keep SLAMMING...it WILL clear...we promise. Keep your CYA where it is..it'll keep your shock level lower and you won't need to add as much Chlorine. Once you get your pool clear, you can raise the CYA up to anywhere between 30-50 and you won't loose FC as fast at that point. But just keep your pump/filter running 24/7, brush and or vacuumm your walls and pool floor, and keep up SHOCK level. It will be clear soon...It is looking good.

Water didn't change from the last picture. Still cloudy and the color is the same. Filter and pump are running 24/7. FC level is at 12.
I am starting to think that there is something wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.