Ready to jump in and drown in my swamp

Edge said:
OK, still being patient but I have a question. I am still not spakling clear yet. Are we going to hurt anything by swimming? We are to have temp's in mid to high 80's this week and would love the respite the pool offers.

Which option did you go with? If you're still shocking...some hesitate to recommend swimming with such high FC levels.

Someone else may have other opinions but here is my suggestion..... for what its worth !

If you are having a FC LOSS of less than 1ppm during the night time hours AND still suspect you MAY have some algae I would let perhaps consider allowing your FC to drop to maybe 10- 12 ppm so you will be able to swim YET keeping a higher FC level to try to keep the algae at bay while its a hot out. I know some suggest NOT swimming with high FC levels.

Quick update:

My car has died and I am rebuilding the engine. Funds are short but am keeping the pool from going green although now I am fighting mustard algae. I will have to blow the pool up to 34 for FC according to the PoolCalc. That takes food out of my family's mouth so until engine is fixed I will attempt to 'control' it. I know it is controlling me though.

Any special words for my new algae battle? Pretty please, with mustard on top??? :roll: :oops:

Edge said:
Quick update:

My car has died and I am rebuilding the engine. Funds are short but am keeping the pool from going green although now I am fighting mustard algae. I will have to blow the pool up to 34 for FC according to the PoolCalc. That takes food out of my family's mouth so until engine is fixed I will attempt to 'control' it. I know it is controlling me though.

Any special words for my new algae battle? Pretty please, with mustard on top??? :roll: :oops:

This is not good news. WE like happy endings :(

Why do you suspect mustard algae?

Quoted from JasonLion: "Mustard algae will spread and grow up the walls of the pool if you don't shock the pool."

That is where (the walls) 90% of greenish tan residue is showing up everyday. I also did a google on mustard algae and found a site that mentioned that it grew more in shaded areas of a pool, which 80% of deposits are on southside of pool.

Residue is easily brushed away into a brownish green cloud, has a tendency not to be vacuumed up completely when vacuuming, walls and corners are their main domain, and when I get it on my steps there is definitely growth coming from it, ie., tendrils coming out the top if not swept away within 24 hours.

I could be wrong and would love to be educated if I am making too big of a leap in my deductions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.