Aqua Plus Cycles on/off

May 2, 2012
I have an aqua plus SWG and the unit runs for a while then turns off for a few seconds then back on. It will run for 10 to 15 minutes then do the same thing. I also noticed a few times that I got a NO COMMUNICATION notice on the LED....figured something was wrong but I would check on it later and it began running again. I had to replace the circuit board last summer along with putting in a new Cell as the other one was cracked. Thanks for any advise.

Are you getting the no communication error on the display located at the unit or on the remote display? If on the local display this is probably why your unit is cycling on and off. The local display at the controller is actually the "brains" of the unit. The large circuit board (main board) is actually a slave to the local display unit and is controlled by the local display unit over a serial communications link. You should check the wiring between the local display and the main board.

Are you getting the no communication error on the display located at the unit or on the remote display? If on the local display this is probably why your unit is cycling on and off. The local display at the controller is actually the "brains" of the unit. The large circuit board (main board) is actually a slave to the local display unit and is controlled by the local display unit over a serial communications link. You should check the wiring between the local display and the main board.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to check that out this weekend and will let you know.

I checked the wire continuity from the local display (don't have a remote) and they are fine. When I turn the main breaker on it goes through the cycle of saying what Software Revision I have then gives me the NO COMMUNICATION ERROR. The part number on the controller circuit board is G1-066009F-2. I had replaced the main board last season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.