Hello good people of the forum (please help!) lol ;-)

See? I didn't know that! Thank you.

My experience has been 2 IG vinyl, and my Intex.

With what Johnnysnok has shown, it is just the opposite.

So with that, try laying it out with 4 long on one side, then medium, short, short, medium around an end then the other 4 long..... you get the idea. Then see if the posts all line up at each of the joints, and across from each other.

That's what it looks like in Johnysnok's pics, anyway. His endwalls are not equidistant between the posts, but the sidewalls are.

Hmm. Do you think you are missing one or they just go on the outer posts?? Doughboy has no straps just overlapping pressure plates. May be time for some EXTREME GOOGLING, he he!

Getting the buttress/ cantilevers in perfectly is key, may not be able to get them just right without factory instructions :(. Much easier to wing it with a round pool. Mine are taller than the other uprights so are buried and each one sits on a concrete block pedestal - just so, and then concrete is poured into that. Not something you can adjust later.

Extreme Googling! That is what (I thought) I have been doing! lol im just not coming up with anything definitive. I will not loose heart though. I am on a mission! Vogue doesn't seem to want to be too helpful to me though. I guess they think helping someone identify their (probably) 12 year old pool they bought off CL isnt adding to their profit margins so it's not important to them! lol I get it. But...im thinking if I had bought the pool new and just simply forgot what my pool was, id be expecting more in the way of customer service then the no-help I have been given from them so far. grrr..... :)

lol I SO appreciate your effort to help me! I actualy was just looking at that very document. Some of it is helpful...but it doesn't tell me anything about the pool wall track on the ground (as far as peices, length and placement).

I am slightly concerned by the fact that the people I purchased the pool swore up and down they were confident the pool was 12x24x52 however, according to this document, the closest that messures to that is 23’4” X 12’ its REALLY close and may not even matter in the grandscheme of things. I have already bought the liner (non-returnable) and it is 12x24.

Thoughts???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have a Vogue pool, but have a 12 x 17 oval. How many buttresses do you have? (or buttress free uprights?) Our shortest tracks went between our side supports (buttress free). If you have 8 side supports (4 on each side) then you will have 6 equal length tracks that go between those. Then the next size (almost the same size just a bit longer) went out from each of the last side supports toward the rounded end (there should be four of those). The remaining tracks made up the curved ends. I don't know if that helps you or not.

I don't have a Vogue pool, but have a 12 x 17 oval. How many buttresses do you have? (or buttress free uprights?) Our shortest tracks went between our side supports (buttress free). If you have 8 side supports (4 on each side) then you will have 6 equal length tracks that go between those. Then the next size (almost the same size just a bit longer) went out from each of the last side supports toward the rounded end (there should be four of those). The remaining tracks made up the curved ends. I don't know if that helps you or not.

Hey Cindy!

Thanks for trying to help! Here is a picture of the mess we are looking at right now. This is ONLY a mock up as we are planning and trying to figure out how this is going to go up.

You can see there are 3 buttressless supports on each side. We are fairly confident that the peices we have here are correct because we used the pressure plates (i learned that today!) and lined up the screw holes to assure us of the proper distance.

Thoughts?

mock.jpg

Looks good. We installed ours 3 years ago ourselves and I remember those rails being a pain in the you know what. The rails sitting in the bottom plates caused some issue. Seemed like not all the rails went all the way to the dimple of the bottom plate? I actually brought out my instructions just to double check what I was remembering. I might have an install picture that I can post.

Just wait until you have to install the side wall....oh my. I wasn't sure our marriage was going to survive that one.

Don't be. What little help we can be, we are here for you.

If you need to, step back for a minute or three to re-assess how things are going.

Yes, trying to get a long piece of thin wobbly metal into a tight groove can be in the least problematic. Remember, others have done this before and lived to tell the tale......

If it makes you feel better, my brand new Sharkline came wit NO instructions last year! I quickly found out that a lot of new pools come with NO instructions! :shock:

Okay as it turns out the pool is a vogue pool it is a Zenith model. The issue that I have now is that according to their manuals this pool should be 12x23. Not 12x24 as I was told when I bought the pool. I already have purchased a pool liner. Any thoughts on if this 1 foot on the long and is going to make a big difference? Would it be possible to use this liner?

- - - Updated - - -

And of course I bought the liner on eBay so it's kind of a done deal as far as that liner goes. :(

...my 2 cents? 12 x 24 is a pretty common size, sell your current liner on ebay or CL and buy the correct size. You'd end up with big wrinkly areas that would be impossible to clean and look bad. The upside is it sounds like you have the manual!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.