Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool leak......and now I need help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool leak......and now I need help

I have a 15x30 above ground doughboy. We just found out it has a hole in the liner. We drained the pool, repaired the hole, replaced the sand that washed away, and started to refill..............but wait. We realized that the bottom of the pool has lots of wrinkles. Will these correct themselves? There is now about 6 inches of water in the pool, can we solve this problem with the water in the pool? Any help is welcome
    AG 15X30 Doughboy 15,000 gl
    Pentair Clean and Clear Cartrigdge filter
    Power FLo Pump (We didnt buyu it so I dont know how big it is)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool leak......and now I need help

No, they usually don't. There is a previous thread that gives a technique for getting wrinkles out. Just do a search on wrinkles to find a few.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

3. Back To Top    #3

Describe the wrinkles... Do you have a bottom drain, are the wrinkles firm or pliable? Do they feel at all brittle?

MY SIL got a new pool 3 summers ago. The installer put in the bottom drain and did something wrong. Water was able to get under the liner near the bottom drain. Their poor pool chemistry/technique (my BIL and SIL) resulted in the liner becoming brittle and hard and wrinkly, where the bottom drain leak was. The pool store did agree to replace the liner because of the installation defect.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

Stop filling the pool and address the wrinkles while you can! You may be able to gently kneed them towards the closest wall. You can also use a toilet plunger to move the wrinkles.

There is some info here or in this one from Pool Forum. If you need any help with getting the wrinkles out, I'm here almost every evening (DST)

Again, welcome here please do a little reading in Pool School - it's a great resource for the basics of pool ownership 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)