EasyTouch - Filter pump automatically turns on (and can't be turned off manually)

Feb 21, 2014
Morgan Hill, CA
I've been having all kinds of problems since getting pool solar installed, and the latest problem is that I can no longer manually turn on/off the filter pump. The only way to do this is to put the EasyTouch into Service mode. The second I switch back to Auto mode, the filter pump immediately turns on.

Does anyone know what might be set incorrectly that is causing this?

I do have an Intelliflo pump. The problem is, in Auto mode, I can't turn off the filter pump at all! The only way is to put in Service Mode, but that's stupid because then my schedules won't work. I did notice that in ScreenLogic, it tells me that I have an Egg Timer of 12 hours, 0 minutes set for every circuit. Is that not right?

What you describe would be very easy to setup accidentally, all you would need to do is assign a pump speed to one of your lighting circuits, or even an unused circuit.

You need to run through every circuit, when the pump "should" be off, and make sure that it is either turned off, or does not have a pump speed assigned. I strongly suspect you have something, perhaps a lighting circuit, that is both turned on and has a pump speed assigned. Anything turned on, with a pump speed assigned, will turn the physical pump on (unless you put it in service mode).

The egg timers will not directly affect things, though they could cause something to be turned on longer than you might imagine that it will be turned on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.