New Pool and first tests

fozzie

Gold Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Hello! We have a brand new pool that was done Fall 2013 and PB closed it for us after it was installed. Have no idea what they added to water at closing. We took the cover off last night and water looked clear except for milky white stuff covering bottom of deep end, just a few big leaves and some very fine dirt on the bottom that I think tge robot can handle. Wondering if I need to SLAM based on the test results and if not, is there anything else I should do, maybe lower pH? To be honest I am a little scared of using muriatic acid (female here LOL) thanks for any advice.

FC 5.5
pH 7.8
TA 140
CC 0
CYA 60

From you description there doesn't appear to be any reason to SLAM. As long as the water remains clear and the FC level doesn't fall quickly to zero you should be fine without SLAMing.

Muriatic acid is not that bad. Stay up wind from the acid, wear eye protection and disposable clothing any you don't really have anything to worry about. A little acid spattered on your skin isn't an issue as long as you rinse it off fairly soon. If working with it bothers you, you can probably find half strength versions, you need to use more but it fumes way less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.