New pool going in soon!

I will definitely post pics! Well we received the TF100 test kit today and did a little playing around with it using tap water since we will be using the fire hydrant to fill the pool. Here is what we found, hopefully it's correct!
Cl - .5
Ph - 7.8
TA - 30
CYA - 0
That's pretty much all we did, is there anything else we should have done?
Given this info, what other supplies should we have on hand for the start up? I already have 8 jugs of Target plain non scented bleach before the $5 coupon expired so should be good there.....

you will need some stabilizer to get your CYA up - you want to start getting it in there as soon as the pool is full and the pump running. Along with some of that bleach.

Please post lots of pics when they get started! We are also getting a doughboy (autumn breeze, round, 28 ft, with the deep end) but ours isn't going in until the end of May. Pretty exciting!

Ok, new pool is in! Will try to get the pics posted of the install after we get the muddy swamp out of our yard! Deck and fence going in Monday and sod on Friday. Cannot wait to get rid if this mud hole of a back yard... The pool guy threw a lot of **** in there on Tuesday evening including stabilizer and chlorine as well as put in the frog system. We will be pulling the cartridges out of the frog system tomorrow and starting the TFPC method. What do you think of the numbers and what should the priority be?
FC - 1.5 (fas/dpd 3 drops to clear)
Cc - 0 (remained clear)
20 - cya (this was hard to pinpoint, may be wrong. Given the stabilizer was just put in Tuesday I figure I shouldn't adjust this yet, correct?)
CH - 30 (this is not important, correct?)
PH- 6.8
TA - 20 (2 drops to red)
Any words of wisdom to guide me tomorrow getting everything right? We plugged it all in pool math and the numbers are not crazy for adding anything in particular I guess I am just a bit nervous about screwing something up!

So don't go ahead and try to adjust to the recommended levels in pool school until the stabilizer dissolves? I think according to pool school I should be putting In 7.5 as the desired ph and 70 as the desired TA, sound right?? I really appreciate your help on this!

Ok the pool is in, deck partially done and seemed to make it through our first holiday weekend. I do hope you can help with a problem! There is always a little tornado, for lack of a better word, above the return and often makes a horrible gurgling noise and then starts a new tornado again. It can be pretty loud and startling... several guests look at me like what the **** was that?!?!
Pics coming soon of the build and finished project but please save me from a call to the pool builder!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The water is between the two lines slightly on the high side, the pool guy said to always try to keep it in the middle area between those two lines, is that incorrect? I searched on here using a variety of methods/words and several seem to be having/had the issue and indicated theirs might be the way the return is pointed. I will try adjusting that tonight to see if it helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.