Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hubby's getting on the bandwagon, too!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hubby's getting on the bandwagon, too!

It was totally my idea to get a pool; hubby said "whatever." But now that we've got it, he likes it. He even got a matching Incredible Hulk swim trunks and beach towel! I came home a couple of days ago and found the beach towel hung on the living room wall. He said it also makes a good poster.

Anyway, I told him that I found this great website where I can get all the recommended water balance guidelines, instructions on the best way to test water, a calculator to figure out how much our pool holds (9400 gallons), and all kinds of pool care kits. He's totally computer illiterate, and has no desire to change that, but he said to me that the website sounded like a "really good resource for me to have." He himself was pool certified several years ago when he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him. So yours truly will end up doing most the water testing. He can handle CYA and OTO chlorine with no problems, though.
    Above ground soft side Omega pool
    20 feet diameter, 4 feet deep
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward 1 HP Matrix pump
    Hayward Aquabug Automatic Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hubby's getting on the bandwagon, too!

Cool! Boy it must be tough having to read colors and having some color-blindness, but from what I understand, that affects alot of us guys. Most of the time, I get my wife to double-check my pH reading, just to be sure. 8)
    Todd
    --------------
    Pool: 16x36, 16,800 gal., vinyl, sand filter, SWG & AquaCal Heat Pump
    Spa: Hot Springs Sovereign, 355 gal., ozone/ion
    The most helpful tool you'll ever have for your pool:
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Swimgirl
    he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him.
    Now we know why apartment complex have bad looking water
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimgirl
    he was working maintenance at an apartment complex. He has red-green color blindness, though, so he really can't check the PH in the pool water with any degree of accuracy. Some other tests would probably also be a challenge to him.
    Now we know why apartment complex have bad looking water
    :P :P 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)