Proud owner of a glorious swamp!

eva6utup.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I let the FC levels drift down and the pool has gotten nice and sparkly.

FC:2.0
CC:0.0
CYA:35.0
TA:80
pH:7.4
CH:250
Salt:3000

I've been waiting for some stabilizer I added the other day to finish dissolving, so I'm about ready to add some more and step CYA up toward 70ppm. I may target 50-55 first, moving CYA up gradually so I don't overshoot.

Now I'm trying to let the SWG do its job of maintaining chlorine, however I'm not sure it's working. I put it two days ago at 20% and the FC gradually dropped during the day from 5 to 3.5. I turned it off at night and back on in the morning, pumping it up to 40%. It ran all day and FC gradually dropped to 3.0. I wanted some evidence of chlorine generation and let it run all night, and in the morning I was still at 3.0. Today I turned on Sanitizer Boost and for good measure also turned the output dial to 100%. It's been running all day with the sun on it, and FC has dropped to 2.0.

I'm not sure what to do now. With my current CYA level, PoolMath is okay with an FC of 2.0, but I'm wary because I've only seen FC go downward. I was thinking of adding more stabilizer today, so should I add some bleach to bring FC up to 3.0, or just leave the SWG running all night at 100% and see if it can do anything?

---

When I check out the panel, the top three lights oscillate slowly: power on, generating sanitizer, and sanitizer boost. They go on for 15 seconds, then the lights go off for about 45 minute.

I can press the diagnostic button and look at the cell voltage, which should be 22-25v according to the manual. However this value climbs up while the lights are off, toward 17.0 volts, where upon the aforementioned lights come on. The voltage climbs further to 18.2 volts, at which point there's a click sound, and the value drops quickly down to 0.6. Then the lights go out and the value begins climbing again.

This pattern also occurs when using the AUTO setting instead of SANITIZER BOOST.

When setting to OFF, the POWER ON light comes on at 17 volts and stays on as voltage climbs to 21.9 and holds there. When I switch back to BOOST it hesitates a moment, clicks, and voltage drops, repeating the cycle.

Cell current is always 0.0 (should be 4.5 - 7.8 amps, according to the manual).

If this were a movie, I'd be saying I've got a bad feeling about this.

Cell current is always 0.0 (should be 4.5 - 7.8 amps, according to the manual).

If this were a movie, I'd be saying I've got a bad feeling about this.
I'd say your instincts are onto something. Need current to convert salt to chlorine and you have none!
If this were a movie, this would be me in the scene saying "I sure hope someone with more experience with SWG systems comes along soo..." *gets chomped by alligator*

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I assumed I had a Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, but the that manual says to expect AL-2 as the product name, but it instead I read AL-0. This might actually be a MS-20 unit, if that makes any difference.

I'd say your instincts are onto something. Need current to convert salt to chlorine and you have none!
If this were a movie, this would be me in the scene saying "I sure hope someone with more experience with SWG systems comes along soo..." *gets chomped by alligator*

They got Joel! Game over, man!

I've seen a number of people talking about split and burned varistors and capacitors in the control panel, so I opened up the cover, but I didn't find anything that looked burnt out or otherwise damaged. Added a half jug of bleach to the pool to carry us through tomorrow. Hopefully before then someone with more experience with SWG systems comes along soo...*also gets chomped by alligator*

scriptorum do NOT read anymore of my post okay???????????????????

Hey mods, please send me his home address so I can send him one of the gators from here in Florida! LOL

We just had a "baby" one removed from our pond. He was ONLY 4 foot long!!!!!!! We have to beef up the back fence this weekend!

Kim

Any SWG experts around? Please fill in as appropriate:

[ ] It sounds like the ____ is broken, but here's how to fix it: ____.
[ ] I don't know. Have you tried this: ____ .
[ ] You're hosed. I suggest you [ ] call a pool repair guy / [ ] buy and install this replacement unit: ____.
[ ] I have a comment to make about alligators: ____.

Any SWG experts around? Please fill in as appropriate:

[ ] It sounds like the ____ is broken, but here's how to fix it: ____.
[ ] I don't know. Have you tried this: ____ .
[ ] You're hosed. I suggest you [ ] call a pool repair guy / [ ] buy and install this replacement unit: ____.
[ x ] I have a comment to make about alligators: _Maybe the alligator ate the parts because he prefers fresh water?___.

But seriously, I don't know anything about the SWGs either. Sorry. :(

[X] I have a comment to make about alligators:

I wouldn't worry so much about alligators, as I would the crocogators! They're everywhere!

pool29.jpg

Awesome job on the pool by the way! I love threads like this!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.