My newest Test

Mar 3, 2014
PA
Hello, below is my latest test of my new indoor vinyl pool.

Please help me with what needs to be added or decreased...

I have a..

SWG
Vinyl indoor pool
Pool is Heated at around 88 degree
Sand filter

Test:

FCL = 6.67
br = 14.2
TC = 6.63
pH = 7.0
TA = 38
CH = 156
CA = 19

Thanks in advance!

I agree the numbers look "fishy" to what we normally see from the recommended test kits.

I assume the CA is CYA ... so around 20ppm indoors is likely fine. Although your FC does not likely need to be nearly that high ... keeping it between 2-3ppm should be fine.

It is our experience that most of the digital tester are not reliable, the problem with them tends to be inconsistent results, having said that if the numbers are accurate things are fairly good, FC is a bit high though and pH is a little low.

If the SWG is on the lowest setting, then you need to shorten the pump run time to get the FC levels lower ... assuming the results are correct, which is questionable.

Welcome to TFP!

Above all, the most important thing you can do is gain knowledge. Check out the ABC's of Pool Chemistry and other areas of Pool School.

You can click the links in my sig line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let me emphasize what brushpup said about Reading "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" in Pool School. The TF-100 will give you really accurate results but the knowledge you can gain from Pool School will teach you why you are testing these parameters, how you can adjust them, and the ranges you want to target.

The testing tells you where you are......Pool School teaches you where you want to be and how to get there.

PS - try to get the info of your pool down in your sig......it's important everyone can see you have an indoor pool....the ranges are different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.