Spa draining overnight

Feb 12, 2014
Coppell, TX
I have an attached spa with a waterfall feature into the pool. Overnight, the spa drains down about 9-12" (just above spa jets). I have opened the check valve made sure it was working and no foreign objects. I checked both suction and return valves as well, no foreign objects, seals seem to be in good shape. All the people I have asked, say it is most likely the check valve. However, I happen to have a ball valve that I can close and I did that, but it still drained. I am stumped. Any ideas from any of you experts? I assume the water is just draining back into the pool, but could it be a leak?

Well, since the spa water has not gotten below the pool level, it is hard to say if it is a leak or if the spa water is making it past the valves back to the pool.

Can you add some pictures of your plumbing setup?

Need more angles, can't identify where some of the pipes go. What is that red valve, a heater bypass? What is that line on the ground where the spa return goes underground?

Here is more pic. If I try to upload more it tells me I have exceeded my quota. Any idea how to fix that or another way to post pics. Sorry, I am new to the forum and still trying to figure it out.

The red valve controls the waterfall out of the spa into the pool. After they check valve that line circles back to the spa return.
IMG_0676.JPG

Host photos on Flickr or Photobucket, etc and post links here. Saves forum bandwidth.

There is a check valve on the line with the red valve? That is what I would suspect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.