push pull valve

I have a similar issue. Pentair Nautilus FNS DE filter with a push pull valve has a leak--kind of a dribble leak coming from the top. I bought the replacement O-rings and got it back into place. Still leaking! I'm guessing that I installed that really little O-ring incorrectly. The bottom 3 are easy to replace, but I didn't even see a top O-ring (hence the leak) so I had to guess where it went. See the pictures. Once I replaced the bottom 3 O-rings and put the push pull valve back into place, I unscrewed the top 2 screws and took off the handle part. I had to wrap the O-ring around all the things until it ended up sitting between the handle and the flat surface. Is this the correct place? The water is seeping through that area still. BTW--I did use the lube on all the O-rings.

Picture Link: https://goo.gl/photos/VvVYxt4Y6hCww98QA

Please let me know if anyone can help guide me -- it's the first time I've ever changed any O-rings and thought I did a good job. :)

No if you drive out the roll pin and slide the shaft out you will see a groove in the top cap where the little O-ring goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.