Sand Filter Brands - Pros and Cons?

masand

May 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have been happy with the filtering performance but need to replace my Tagelus TA-60 due to a leak in the tank.

I will most likely replace it with a filter/multi-valve combo so am wondering if you guys can weigh in on brand preference and why you like what you like?

Price is certainly a big consideration but reliability/ease of use might outweigh cost if there are big differences between brands.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses guys.

I agree on the tank; brand probably doesn't matter. I was asking more about any differences in the valves or internal components between brands.

For example, Sand Dollar SD-60 is available with or without "Clear-Pro Technology". Is it worth the $50 difference in price?

Also, thanks for the suggestion about upsizing. If I do that, are there any issues operating with the same size pumps and motors?

I'd have gotten the clear pro (at least the Pentair version) for mine if it were available - just as an experiment. But, for my filter's size, they don't make it. But I have to say, my water is CRYSTAL clear right now, so I really didn't have any reason to want it.

I am not sure pentair sells a TA80 now, they do sell the sand dollar line in a SD80. With that said, I would probably go larger and look at the TA100D which is in line with our recommended size for you volume pool. I do not believe that comes in a clear-pro version. In regards to the clear-pro technology, we have not had much user experience posted on here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.