New build - Fort Worth, TX

Readyforapool said:
Carman - it's funny your PB said you wouldn't like it chipped - my spa spillway was supposed to be smooth but my PB said it would be better chipped! I guess it's just a matter of taste. Your pool looks great, glad they got your decking done before all this rain - I'm going to have a huge mud pit!

That is pretty funny! I have a feeling we will have it chipped before it's all said and done. The way the water spills over doesn't really matter to me as much as the way the stone looks, and to me it looks unfinished.
Thanks! Good luck with your mud pit :wink:

If you do have the PB chip the spillway, I would also have them chip the angled side pieces and the other end of the side piece that I suspect is smooth also. That way all exposed edges have the same appearance. I agree in that I'd prefer to see them chipped as well.

BTW - I have the same pump. It's little loud on high but VERY quiet on low. I shouldn't have a 2HP but I do. Mine's on low 99 percent of the time b/c I don't have a spa.

Bmoreswim, good point on the spillway, will definitely have all edges chipped. I regret not discussing the spillway in more detail back during the design phase. I would've gone with the tiered look.

Good to know the pump is quiet on low!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaster done! I'm glad we changed our color from Aqua white to Tahoe Blue. I really like the color with the rocks.

nemyzypy.jpg

uru2uber.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Readyforapool said:
If it gets as bad as the forecasters are saying - we may all have ice rinks in our yards instead of pools!
Lol, I was thinking that earlier as I was brushing. Not looking forward to the daily brushings for the next few days.... Brrrrr At least we don't have straight up plaster where you brush 2-3 times a day. Yikes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.