New build - Fort Worth, TX

Looks like snow, but is all ice. Not looking forward to today's brushing one bit!

ujy6u2up.jpg

u6uzamu2.jpg

Does anyone know what the Texas state law is regarding the pool company tying the fill line into the sprinkler system? The sales guy we dealt with at the pool company said instead of tying into our closest hose bib, they would tie into our sprinkler system. (we have a patio under the hose bib) The project manager now says there is a state law that prohibits them from doing that, but we can do whatever we want after they are done with the pool. Huh?!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
bhargraves said:
One builder that we met with alluded to there being a City of Allen ordinance against doing it. They did not mention that it was a state law.
Okay, thanks for the reply. I need to check with some irrigation companies to see what they say. Hopefully, it is just a city thing. We live in an unincorporated area, so the ordinance shouldn't apply to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcarrizal said:
Hi. How do you like your tanning shelf with the flagstone? Is it slippery? Does it get hot? Thanks.
Hi there. We haven't had the pool very long, so we haven't actually been in it. I don't think it will be slippery tho, the flagstone is rugged & I think it will have good traction. I'm not exactly sure about this, but I feel like the stone will be close to whatever temp the water is. In our last pool the flagstone capping would get hot, but splashing pool water on it always cooled it off for a bit.

Yakag97 said:
I'am researching pools and trying to get a feel for different sizes. What size pool/spa including tanning shelf did you have built? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tanning shelf is 7'5" deep & approx 10' wide. The spa is 7.5' X 6' round 3.5' deep. Perimeter of pool is 99' & Area = 576 sq ft, 33.8' X 18.5. It holds just under 17K gallons is what I was told. Personally, I was wanting a bigger pool, closer to 18-20K, but my husband & the pool salesman insisted this was big enough. If we had about 2-4 more feet in the length, it'd be perfect, in my opinion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.