Another pool north of Dallas

Readyforapool said:
Need advice!! We started filling the pool late yesterday and I noticed water seeping out - sent this photo to Mr. PB , his response was not a problem
This morning the pool is about 1/3 full - and this is what it looks like now - is this going to leave permanent marks/streaks in the finish?
Yes, from experience, it very easily could leave a permanent mark. During the brushing routine, focus on that section.

Still filling! But here's a couple from this morning - Mr. PB helpers just stopped by with the brush and the skimmer and dropped a gallon of acid in the spa. Said he'd be back tomorrow to add it to the pool. Pool is very cloudy but you can see the difference after he worked on the spa for a bit.

Finally full! They came early this morning and dumped the acid - said they would be back on Friday to add a little more, then equipment startup and neutralize the acid on Monday. Decided I need to add a couple of stepping stones in that flower bed to be able to brush and skim on that side.

We are also waiting for the deck guys to come back to attempt to get the drill bit that's stuck in the concrete!

The first photo is about 7:00 am this morning!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cbink said:
Brushpup said:
They are doing a "Hot" or Acid startup. Same thing....

Low pH to help expose the aggregate. Did they not acid wash during pebble install?
Most of the pebble pools in Houston appear to be acid start ups, whether they have been acid washed or not.

Cool, around here, some just try to get away with only doing a hot start and no acid wash.

Readyforapool said:
Decided I need to add a couple of stepping stones in that flower bed to be able to brush and skim on that side.

My landscaper just added a few of those stepping stones leading back to my far skimmer on his own, and I am so glad he did. I wouldn't have even thought about it until it was really muddy. Nice touch.

So here's a question for those of you that have finished the fill and had the muriatic acid added. Wednesday they added 1 gallon to the spa and 12 gallons to the pool. Friday they added another gallon to the spa and at least 4 gallons to the pool. I've been brushing like a fiend and the water is very cloudy/murky, that's normal right? I think tomorrow they are suppose to neutralize the acid and start up the equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.