Replacement spring covers for solid Cover

steve_h

Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
Has anyone found a source for the spring covers that come with solid winter covers?
I have seen the replacement spring covers for $5 each. OUCH! Considering the cover has over 40 springs.

I was considering finding a source for bulk tubing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Most hardware stores carry clear vinyl tubing. You can take a cover to find the closest match. Here is a random example of 1.25 inch I.D tubing that costs $2.34 per foot. If each cover is 6 inches, then your cost per cover is only $1.17.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-4-Inch-I-D- ... 183wt_1164

[edit]The wall thickness in this example is 3/16" and would be a little too thick. 1/16" is a better choice. If the wall is too thick, then the spring will sit up too high.[end edit]

The covers protect the deck from getting scratched by the springs.

The standard LoopLoc type spring cover is about 1.25" I.D x 6 inches long and the wall thickness is about 1/16".

The larger style of spring cover is about 1.5 " I.D x 6 inches long with a wall thickness of about 3/32".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.