Dolphin power supply got rained on and shorted out. Now...

cnshough

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2013
My pool place exchanged the power supply yesterday for a new one. So today, I'm running it, and the rain starts again! I sure hope this one doesn't fail, too! Anybody leave their's out in a hard downpour and it be OK? If so, did u do anything special, like not run it for days? There is no way to take the cover off to dry it out. It looks like the only way it can get water in it is from underneath. Unfortunately, it was sitting on my patio, where water tends to collect in the channels between the bricks that the previous homeowner put down.

Re: Dolphin power supply got rained on and shorted out. Now.

I put a bucket upside down on top of it if I think there is a chance of rain (rare here). Although sounds like you may have issues with water from below? If so, set it on some extra bricks.

Looks like it's the same power supply as my M5. Mine has been rained on and actually took a dunk in the pool once with no issues.

For what it's worth, my Dolphin Liberty power supply/charger is completely encapsulated by a white/milky colored and solidified casting stuff, thus not a single electronic component is visible, thus would be somewhat water resistant.

My power supply is mounted to the caddy. I just put a large plastic garbage bag over the whole caddy to keep the rain off the power supply. Seems to work although I don't know if it matters. The box appears to be fairly well sealed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.