Turbo Cell T-Cell-15 does not chlorinate

Oct 1, 2013
Hello,

My T-Cell-15 apparently does not chlorinate anymore. I saw today that my FC was down to 3ppm, where it usually is around 7ppm or so.

There is no error light on. But when I go into the Diagnostics menu (the control is a Goldline unit), it gives me a realtime reading of the volt and amps and salt at the cell. All of these are displayed as zero (I set chlorination to 100%, so it's not just the system cycling off).

When I manually try to activate the chlorination, it counts down for its usual 15 second delay, then I can hear a relay or something switching, the display shows some numbers for a very short time, and then it shuts off again. It's almost as if a fuse is blowing every time I try to turn it on.

Everything else with the pool works fine; salt level used to be 4200ppm (a bit high, I know). Balance is fine. On visual inspection, the T-Cell looks fine. Some deposits, but nothing major. I tried cleaning but no success.

Any ideas?? Is it the cell, or the control board?

Thanks much!

Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.