Intex saltwater pump not sucking in past basket

Aug 17, 2013
I am a new pool owner. Intex 16 x 32 Ultraframe, Krystal Clear 16" pump model CS20110, 15,000 gallons.
I have been reading posts since we set up pool in June, it's now mid August.This forum has helped me solve a bunch of setup issues as we learn. This morning I think I got air in the line somewhere. I turned on pump but didn't adjust the skimmer basket under the water. My husband has been dealing with that part and I was trying to add CYA. So the pump was running but the skimmer was sucking air for a minute. Now no water sucking in at all or going out other end. We backwashed and it worked. Then went back to filter and nothing. No codes show on pump, it just shows working but not sucking. I disconnected hose and water flows from pool out hose, so no blockage there. The filter basket doesn't seem to filling with water. Can someone help me troubleshoot? This has had a huge learning curve and has been a bit more complicated than I thought. Thanks for any help, in advance! Dori

I filled the basket coming off the intake hose (sorry, don't know real names of parts) with water from garden hose. Restarted and wallah, everything started pumping. What a relief. So, my not having the skimmer intake basket under water created air in system. Adding water back into pump basket fixed problem. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.