first slam

jodyliebing said:
linen said:
The sun does a good job of lowering FC over a couple of days...keep in mind you can safely swim up to your SLAM level.
would you be able to answer my question above about mixing my reagent with water? I would HATE to run out at this point
During the SLAM process, unless you are doing an OCLT, you can go with a 5 ml sample of pool water, then each drop of the R-0871 is equal to 1 ppm FC (i.e. multiply number of drops by 1). That is enough precision to do SLAM dosing.

By the way, I fixed how you were doing "qoutes" in your previous post. Go to the edit function on that post to see how I did it.

I am going to guess that once you get your pool so clear it look like you don't have water in the pool (you will) that you can see when your FC drops below your targets and it gets that "dull" look but it's still clear. When you get there... you know you are hooked. The floor or pool looks like its at the end of a magnifying glass at time when I walk past the pool.

It is SOOOO much easier to maintain your pool with the TFP methods once you commit to the process and the testing required. I tested my pool before work today since I forgot last night. It took less than 5 minutes to test PH and FC, measure and add the LC, clean the PoolSkim net and get my Aquabug running. Done for today and I can test again tonight. Try doing that with the traditional pool store method of sample, drive to store, wait for answers, buy stuff, drive home, add stuff, wait a week, sample, drive.... ad nauseum.

To The Tech Guy.. You are soooo right!!! that has been the story of my life.( POOL STORE ADVISE) Looking forward to" Taking control of my pool!!") When I first joined the forum that was the advise I got.. " Take control of your pool" and it has really stuck with me!! (Whoever told me that THANK YOU!) Still learning but I feel that I am understanding now :thequeen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jodyliebing said:
You totally win! TONS of algae behind the light got it all out light is floating in the pool FC 31 CC 0 what now?
Scoop out or vac up anything you can, but otherwise brush it so that it is caught in the filter.

Try to stick close to the normal shock levels, and continue with the SLAM process. Nice work :goodjob:

ok!! That is what I am doing. I got this now!!!!! I CANNOT belive what I seen when I took the light off!! (10 week battle).
THANK YOU POOL STORE for advising on a 1-3 FC!! Not ONCE did I get the advise " Look behing your light, only " Phosfates flock your pool $200.00 " didnt work then "Chlorine lock add 15 pounds of shock $100.00" didnt work then " Worse chlorine lock now you need 50 pounds of shock $ 300.00 but dont worry, we sell it by the bucket so it will be more cost effective for your situation" BTW that is when I walked out of the store , came home and got on the forum.Live and learn I guess.

I want to thank you ALL again for helping me figure this out. Right now everone just refers to me as " The crazy pool lady" but they are not the ones taking care of it and making sure its safe and healthy I AM!! Well I will show them I know what Im doing HAHA Thanks to you.

I am partly posting this to vent but also so that if anyone happens to fall upon this thread in the future they will know that there is hope!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.