Long Island Concrete/Vinyl IG Pool Build

That's a VERY nice build. Thank you for sharing the progress.

Thank you Dave! Great site!

Some updates.

Decking is out of budget for this season. Hopefully next spring.....Pool fence is ahead of it on the list.

Picked up a Dolphin Cleaner. Lightly used for a steal. Had to install 2 Polaris Unicovers on the drains. Best investment so far, due to pine needles and Locust tree leaves.

As of tonight, pool is 87 degrees!

SWG is at 35% with a pump runtime of 10 hours.

Looks great, what sort of coping are you using? Will the cement sit on top of the existing wall? How wide is the perimeter concrete going to be, around the back and sides? What did they back fill with? Did they tamp it? Thanks, some warm weather will warm it up. The water looks very good.

Looks great, what sort of coping are you using? Will the cement sit on top of the existing wall? How wide is the perimeter concrete going to be, around the back and sides? What did they back fill with? Did they tamp it? Thanks, some warm weather will warm it up. The water looks very good.

Coping will be bullnose in the fall. Cement will be poured even with the existing wall. Backfill was with existing material, which is Long Island north shore rocks. Lol
It's been tamped twice and sitting for 1.5yrs

Water was 47

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice pool. Two questions, how did the outdoor carpet work, I'm guessing not good since you are dropping? Do you mind sharing the cost of the concrete pour and patio size? If I could do everything all over, I would pour more deck. I am considering extending the existing patio but I am also thinking of using astro turf instead.........I wonder if the astro turf end up being problematic so your outdoor carpet experience might help.

Nice pool. Two questions, how did the outdoor carpet work, I'm guessing not good since you are dropping? Do you mind sharing the cost of the concrete pour and patio size? If I could do everything all over, I would pour more deck. I am considering extending the existing patio but I am also thinking of using astro turf instead.........I wonder if the astro turf end up being problematic so your outdoor carpet experience might help.

Outdoor carpet was a problem over the rocky base. It's 1000sqft around the pool. The concrete was $4.50sqft. Holding off on the coping and pavers till next year.

Such a cool pool! (no pun intended) The steps are terrific - I have a thing for steps! I like how your PB bumped them out so not to take up swim area.

The liner color is gorgeous! The trees are the best - what beautiful country. Did you have much trouble with the trees shedding into the pool? As long as I could manage it, I'd have to keep those wonderful trees!

I can't wait to see the deck completed! Thanks for coming back to keep us updated. Have a great day! Suz.

Such a cool pool! (no pun intended) The steps are terrific - I have a thing for steps! I like how your PB bumped them out so not to take up swim area.

The liner color is gorgeous! The trees are the best - what beautiful country. Did you have much trouble with the trees shedding into the pool? As long as I could manage it, I'd have to keep those wonderful trees!

I can't wait to see the deck completed! Thanks for coming back to keep us updated. Have a great day! Suz.

Thanks suz.
The liner is called Jamaica, by Merlin I think. The pines make a mess. Most will stay, but the one by the skimmers will go. Pavers won't be till next year. Still have to fence in the pool this year.

Sorry for all the questions, but my build is similar to yours and I am learning as I go.
What did you do for the bottom? Sand? Verm? Concrete?

Are you letting it sit so the soil settles prior to pavers? I am torn between getting my concrete block / vinyl liner pool to the same state yours is in, water in it,, but waiting until next spring to pour concrete deck & perimeter. Both have pros and cons, but the soil setting could be a real problem, I used crushed limestone, rock and send as backfill, but I had parts cave in so I have topsoil mixed in parts.

Thanks again and your pool looks great.

Sorry for all the questions, but my build is similar to yours and I am learning as I go.
What did you do for the bottom? Sand? Verm? Concrete?

Are you letting it sit so the soil settles prior to pavers? I am torn between getting my concrete block / vinyl liner pool to the same state yours is in, water in it,, but waiting until next spring to pour concrete deck & perimeter. Both have pros and cons, but the soil setting could be a real problem, I used crushed limestone, rock and send as backfill, but I had parts cave in so I have topsoil mixed in parts.

Thanks again and your pool looks great.

No problem on the questions.

Bottom is sand. Wish I did vermic due to footprints visible with the lights on.

Mine sat with no patio due to lack of funds.

The cement is being poured tomorrow. Pavers next year due to budget.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.