caulk OK ?

englebrau

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Texas
I have a similar problem with an additional complication: The crack fills with dirt that appears to be extruding into the pool from behind the tiles. I can clean out the dirt but appears within a few days. Leads me to think there could be some worm or bug burrowing but I have never seen one. I plan to use a hose to jet the crack, allow to dry and then caulk with silicone.
There are various brands of 100% silicone caulk at Lowes/Home Depot: GE, DAP, DuPont, 3M. Does anyone have a recommendation as to brand?
Thanks,

Polyurethane caulk is probably better for that application but it is also much harder to work with as it is NOT cleaned up with water. I doubt Brand matters whichever type you choose.

Always use rubbing alcohol for cleanup or smoothing, in place of water, when using pure silicon caulk. I keep a red solo cup about halfway full whenever im caulking with pure clear silicone. Silicone latex is easy peasy water cleanup, but doesnt have the same flexability or protection as siliconized latex. Poly i can't speak for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.