Aug 3, 2012
Ok we first of all a few weeks back I battled a slight case of algae water has been looking great now I have noticed I was still getting some algae drops on liner floor few spots kept brushing well yesterday we had a 15 minute rain storm and I had leaves Nd sticks and debris in pool cleaned it out hubby said he see. Lots more spots in bottom when he was cleaning today I check water and here is what I am at
FC 12
Cc 0
Ph 8 or over
Ta 100
Cya 45

My ph has never been this high would the rain have caused it to go up? What in the world
Also I have major brown (darker) spots on floor of pool now I am at a loss I have now cc showing its eating something
My hubby said other day he thought he felt sand on bottom can algae feel like sand? Or it's just from the road and wind that he is feeling I added cya a bit back and raised it to what I though was 60 and now it tested it 6 times this am and I'm at 45 don't get that unless the 3 to 4 inches if water I added diluted it that much? Any ways I guess I'm back to shocking the pool again and brushing and vacuuming alot crazy is the water looks good now what about the ph thing? I tested twice maybe I will retest again I'm stumped I usually run at 7.6

Lower your pH down to around 7.4 - 7.6.....don't worry about what caused it.....it's pretty normal for pH to climb.

Secondly, read "SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain" in the How To section of Pool School.

Now, SLAM the pool according to that article and your pool will be crystal clear.

I think the stuff in pool is dirt from the storm I brushed it and it looks like dirt when it plumes
My water is crystal. Clear sparkly amazing that's y I was shocked to see all that stuff thanks

How long does ph minus take to lower I added 3/4 pound last night check this am still high added 8 ounces its down to maybe 7.8 now wonder if I should give it 24 hours or adds more since its been over 8 hours since last dose

I have added ph minus three times I'm still high?. I have added 8 oz then 9 ounces then
9 ounces I am still high.. I had a hard time reading it last night in the dark so I didn't add more i was in the house but I use the out side light to read it ... It was way over 8 when I started obviously. I thought I was at 7.8 when I added 9 more ounces ... But it didn't look like it changed it any I'm off to collect some more water .. I don't know why this happened .

Ok my numbers this am
FC 10.5
Cc .5
Ph 7.6
Ta 90
My FC was 11 before I went to bed and is now 10.5
I still have spots of brown showing up in floor of pool after the big windy storm we had that dumped tree limbs,leaves in the pool. Obviously dirt had to as the people to the left of our pool have a huge dirt drive
I think the rain last night brought the ph down the rest .

I would brush every inch of that pool, let it settle over night and then vac it in the morning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.