HELP! Pool is hot!

Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, TX
Hello from S. Texas! I have a one-year old pool that is in full sun until about 6:00pm. The water hits 90-94. We like it around 85-88F. Is there anyway to cool this down? I have a waterfall and someone suggested running it all night. Thanks for any suggestions

Hi TexasDude, welcome to TFP!

Anything that promotes evaporation should help cool off the water, so the waterfall at night should help as well.

You can always try a fountain too... I got a good cheap 3-tier one off ebay for $20. Plus it looks nifty!

I've also seen some large sun shades (aka sunsail, shade sail, etc) around the Internet, like Coolaroo or even some fairly inexpensive ones on Overstock.com that could possibly offer some shade over your pool. It would have the added benefit of keeping the sun off you if you swim in the daytime! http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sq ... oduct.html? (they also have a triangle one.)

If you have a solar heater, you can run it at night to act as a radiator. Of course, if the air doesn't drop below your pool's temp at night, then it's not much help. You could hose down the panels, though, to take advantage of some evaporative cooling that way.

Other than that, evaporation is your best bet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.