Pool Stains treated with Vitamin C... Chlorine gone!

Good news... After two plus weeks of draining and refilling my pool my CYA is down to 50!!!! Yay! I'm now balancing the ph and alkalinity... Then will begin the slam process! My slam level is 16, if I understand the pool calculator correctly.

My ph was 7.2. I want it at 7.5. Added 9 oz of washing soda. Alkalinity was 30 want that in the middle of the TFP goals. I believe I want that at 80. Is that reasonable?

Thanks for your help with this! I really appreciate it!

It actually would have been better to keep the pH low before starting the SLAM process, especially since you were treating metal stains. You can risk re-staining when the pH gets high at higher FC levels. Be careful adding chlorine to raise the FC. Do so slowly and watch for re-staining and stop raising the FC level if that occurs. Hopefully if you added enough metal sequestrant that will help to prevent re-staining.

I love the BBB method of keeping my pool chemicals in check!!! It's so easy! I've been testing my water every day or every other (we have had major rain here the last few days). Thanks for sticking with me! I will never go back to using pool store chemicals!!!! And when I have my pool closed for the season I will put the bleach in so I know what I am using! And the same goes when I open it... If I can get my husband to learn how to do it himself we can save even more money!!!! I can't thank you enough!!!!!!

My ph is perfect 7.5. Free Chlorine at a steady 6... And TA at 70. It takes 10-15 minutes a day!!!! So worth it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.