pool 6-8 in down for skimmer install, filled up, CYA test?

Re: pool 6-8 in down for skimmer install, filled up, CYA te

Did you add any stabilizer? Was it granular? If so, wait a week. If not, measure it now.

Edit to add: Even if you did add granular, you can still measure your CYA now. But the extra that you added won't show up for perhaps a week. If you know how much you added you can calculate how much it will raise your CYA.

no, i didnt add any. my CYA was a little high before i let level drop for skimmer. (80) im sure its down a bit now after i filled it back up. i just want to do another CYA test so i can dial in my chlorine for the new CYA level. i was thinking wait a day....

No need to wait. The CYA is dissolved long ago. It's mixed in with the added water. You say it was 80. You dropped 6 inches in a 4 foot pool. That's 1/8th (based on 4 foot water level which you're probably a little less than). My guess is your CYA is 70 (if it was indeed 80). Let me know what your test shows as that's just a guess!!

hmm... still 80. oh, well. its only costing me 40-45 oz of chlorine a day, plus direct sun on this pool from sun up to sun down so it needs a higher CYA. pool crystal clear as always. TA a little high at 120, was 100 before this, its a vinyl pool though so im not too worried about it. pH is 7.8, but we have been running fountain a lot to cool pool so thats expected, that may be why TA is a little high too.

You need to get that pH down to 7.2 if you're running the fountains. :goodjob:

Casey said:
You need to get that pH down to 7.2 if you're running the fountains. :goodjob:

yeah, its been hovering right at 7.4 up until now when i topped it back off. i only test it every other day as it doesnt change much. ive read on here in various conversations that on a vinyl pool higher pH isnt such a bad thing. some members were even saying 7.9-8.0 for a vinyl pool isnt cause for alarm, so i havent been too worried about it.

im gonna give it a few days to see if it goes down on its own. its cooler now this week and pool is staying in low 80s so no need to run fountain, so we havent been. if it doesnt start working its way down or goes up any more ill take action on it. pH was high like that after my initial fill, so im thinking our city water just has a high pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.