New Pool Owner

5.7mm

Jun 6, 2013
Arlington Texas
Hello,

I have read alot of posts before I finally decided to post my results.

I bought the Taylor K-2006C, with all the fancy testing solutions and followed the instructions to the "T" and my results seem some what off

Chlorine 2.2 PPM
PH 8.2
Alkalinity 180 ppm
Calcium Hardness 330 ppm
CYA 120 - 140 ppm (kinda hard to tell since it wasnt close to the readings on the test)

So after I took my readings down I went to Leslies Pool Supply and got my water tested and these were their results:

Chlorine 3ppm
Salt 4200
Calcium Hardness 200
Cyanuric Acid 60
Total Alkalinity 130
PH 8
Acid Demand 1
Copper 0
Iron 0
Phosphates 400
Temperature 85

So now Im totally confused between the two, who's readings do I trust? Do I trust mine that was fresh out of the pool? or do I trust Leslie's because the guy looked like a total pro doing the water test and had 15 minute old water?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Thanks

Thanks Richard!!!

Im honored to have you reply to my post. Well I haven't done anything like add the Pool Perfect Phosfree stuff they asked me to buy, so far I only added Muriatic Acid to bring down the PH levels in the pool. As referred in the inconsistency in readings link you posted. I will take new readings once I get the PH level's down to a norm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.